Friday, August 10, 2012

Summer Vacation is Over!

Summer vacation is over! I did so much this summer it was unbelievable. I attended many events, and am in the process of attending more. This Sunday, I will be attending another hair meet up for naturalistas in downtown Atlanta. Next month, I will be in another fashion show in downtown Lawrenceville, and I hope to be selected to model in the Taliaah Waajid World Natural Show coming up in October, the possibilities are endless.


Necklace: Gifted (handmade)
Dress: Vintage Anne Klein Couture
Location: Iwi Fresh Day Spa

I submitted the above picture as part of my audition for the hair show. Do you think it was a good picture? Please, let me know.

I taught six radKIDS classes. I haven't told you all about radKIDS yet. The program is designed to teach safety techniques to children 4-12 years old. The premise of the class is self empowerment and using the body as a weapon. I had the pleasure of meeting Elizabeth Smart and her husband at a private function benefitting radKIDS. Elizabeth and her father sit on the board of radkIDS. If you would like to know more about the program, please visit us at www.radkids.org.


Pamela and Elizabeth Smart 
Larissa, Ed Smart and Pamela

I am now back at work as a teacher. Kind of depressed about it, because principal wants me to travel from class to class and teach. I do not want to become a traveling teacher.......feel like the circus.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot about the book reading...that was a blast. I really enjoyed myself. You have a lot of events going on in your life. Choose what it is you like best and go for it. Maybe this is an indication that you might need to develop your own and traditional teaching is a thing of the past. You have the background, the education, and the experience. Think Sista Girl...think...the answer is at the end of your wrist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sista Girl! Did you see the pictures from the book reading? Yours and John are the first pics posted. We did have a good time.

      Delete