Sunday, August 19, 2012

Aerosmith (1988)

I am a die-hard jazz fan, so you can imagine my surprise when a group of guys walked into the Nikko Fitness Center. I had no clue who they were, but I knew they were someone because of how they were dressed.

I took one look at them and said, "I don't know who you are, but you must be someone, because only a rock star would dress like that". The one with the black and white tights on looked at me and said Aerosmith. I said, "who"? They introduced themselves as, Steven Tyler, Tom, and Joe Perry. I still had no clue who they were until they started singing "Walk this Way". Then I knew. But I embarrassed myself because, I thought it was Run, D, MC's song. They forgave me.

Steven Tyler was so cool.

Joe Perry was nice as well.
The year was 1988, so the mode of dressing looks hilarious now. I was in tip top shape during this time in my life. I was a personal trainer for 18 years, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Below are the backstage passes I received to the shows I attended. What a blast to be the guest of Aerosmith!
Backstage pass for 1988 Show

Backstage pass for the following year as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment